Please apply by May 8, 2021.
The Iowa Site Coordinator ensures that the TFG mission, vision and organizational objectives are fulfilled in Iowa by promoting a Gospel-loving call to the Church to engage in caring for vulnerable children and families. This involves engaging with stakeholders in the community and building strong relationships with church partners, the child welfare system and other nonprofits that serve the vulnerable at-risk population. Coordinator will also provide organizational administrative duties and local staff development.
Volunteers will be recruited to serve in other capacities as the movement grows and as needed, provide paid staff. We are committed to ministry mobilization with professional oversight.
- This position allows for an hourly position (could be salary) of 40 hours per week with time divided between working remotely from home and out in the community/(potential IA office).
- Periodic on-call monitoring of TFG IOWA phone/text messages on evenings or weekends
- Regular check ins with TFG ED Sandberg
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred; 3+ years of experience with community development; non profit management; Urban Ministry, Human Services, Social Work. Ideal candidates would have extensive experience in Human Services, Social Work or the child welfare system with the leadership skills needed to implement the TFG organization; all motivated by a love for God and his people.
- Experience working in and partnering with diverse communities and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to have a flexible schedule with periodic on-call monitoring of TFG hotline on evenings and weekends
- Understanding of Trauma and the Trust Based Relational Intervention practice. (TBRI)
- Endorse TFG’s Statement of Faith, articulate a personal faith history with current commitment to a local church
- Servant leader
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with excellent time management skills
- Balance of truth and grace – with a keen awareness of the plight of the marginalized
- Leadership skills and ability to build teams and supervise staff
- Confident and able to speak publicly at presentations, trainings, and TFG meetings
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to build positive rapport with others
- Strong organizational skills and writing/documentation skills
- Ability to handle conflict resolution in a professional manner
- Ability to advocate for volunteers and families being served through TFG
- Aptitude to respond to crisis situations with a calm and supportive demeanor
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to find new resources
- Promote TFG, recruit and develop church partnerships and assign Ministry Coordinators
- Coordinate and present informational meetings and volunteer trainings
- Call volunteers to action as a host family, respite family and resource family
- Connects with partner agencies to build collaborative relationships
- Build a fund development/PR team (volunteer team)
- Manage local budget, and other non profit business activities
- Regular consult with TFG Executive Director In MN
- Oversee Case Manager duties (and serve as needed – early start up):
- Hotline Calls for help
- Referrals to community agencies
- Facilitate intake to hosting process
- Referral process of high needs families
- Regular case review meetings to collaboratively assess ongoing needs
- Development of trauma informed growth opportunities for TFG families
- Volunteer approval and reapproval process
- Participates in professional continuing education and training opportunities
- Able to provide transportation in personal vehicle for TFG families as needed
- Based on skills and experience
- Mileage reimbursed at the federal mileage rate
- Laptop provided
- Paid time off for holidays
- After first 90 days, PTO accrues over time
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no agencies, walk-ins or phone calls.
Thank you for your interest in working at Together for Good.